I had several rules set up in Outlook, all worked fine, but I just recently switched to a new user account on the same machine and ever since then, my rules have not been working 100%. Most of my rules move a message to a folder and mark the message as read, but what's happening is the message will move to the folder, and only some will be marked as read. It's very strange and almost seems like a bug. I tried deleting one of the rules and recreating it with no luck, then I tried splitting it up into two rules so the message would be marked as read first, then moved to the folder, but this has not fixed the problem either.
As I said, my rules all used to work fine so I know they were initially set up correctly - I'm just not sure why they became messed up, or how I can fix them.
UPDATE 5/9/2012: In addition, If I go into the "Rules and Alerts" menu and select "Run Rules Now," all rules work as expected.