Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm using this apple keyboard on my PC at the moment (don't ask). The only major difference to me is that the Command key (acts like the Windows key) and the Alt key changed places. Therefor I keep hitting Command + Tab (so basically Windows key + Tab) when trying to switch between windows. So what I get instead of the fast Alt + Tab window is the annoying Windows Flip3D.

So my question is: can I make the Windows + Tab behave like a normal Alt + Tab?

share|improve this question

migrated from Feb 9 '12 at 14:08

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

I can't believe that's the only keyboard shortcut that messes you up on a regular basis. This happens to me all the time when using my MacBook Pro in Windows with an external keyboard. As jjlin suggests, SharpKeys is a brilliant solution; only caveat is it requires a restart. But it's definitely a "set it once and forget it" kind of app. – Cody Gray Feb 2 '12 at 3:18
up vote 2 down vote accepted

SharpKeys might be able to remap the two keys.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.