Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Once I installed a keylogger on windows that was able to hide himself from Task Manager and even from msconfig.exe.

Are there any way to find these programs?

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Tom Wijsman, Simon Sheehan, studiohack Feb 14 '12 at 4:31

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Explain downvote pls – dynamic Feb 12 '12 at 19:03
It shows no research effort. – soandos Feb 12 '12 at 19:05
I searched but found nothing – dynamic Feb 12 '12 at 19:05
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Another option is to use Resource Monitor (type 'resmon' in Stat Menu on Windows Vista or Windows 7) 1) Open Resource Monitor 2) On the top tabs, go to 'Disk' 3) Find Explorer or System (or both) in the top list and select the checkbox (or an open program such as a web-browser) 4) If you selected 'Explorer', type a bunch of stuff into the start menu while watching the bottom list. If the keylogger writes to the disk every keystroke, it'll be writing, and it'll show in the list.

Be careful, not everything that is constantly writing to the disk is a keylogger, but it very likely will be if you happen watch that list while you type somewhere and something is written every time you type something.

share|improve this answer
Another option might be Norton Power Eraser ( I'm pretty sure it doesn't require that you own Norton, but I haven't tried it when Norton hasn't been installed) – Usta Feb 14 '12 at 4:24

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.