How to watch 3D SBS in VLC 2.0 and higher
by Tesseract83233 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 am
I'm new to the board and hope I'm posting in the right category
So here was my Problem:
I got a 3D side-by-side MKV-Movie but I only have a 2D TV - my question was how to get only the picture of the "left eye" in fullscreen with the right aspect ratio?
And after about an hour of playing around... that's how I solved it:
- Start VLC (you don't have to play a video at this time)
- Go to "Tools" -> "Preferences" (CTRL+P on Windows)
- On the lower left corner choose "Show settings" -> "All"
- On the left part of the settings window, scroll down and select "Video"
- On the right part of the settings window, scroll down to "Source aspect ratio"
- Type in the aspect ratio with the width doubled - for example 32:9 for a 16:9 video, or 8:3 for a 4:3 video...
- Click "Save" and exit VLC
---Keep in mind that the changed aspect ratio will be saved for all your videos - remove it after watching 3D or your normal videos might seem to be a bit stretched ---
- Start VLC and play your 3D video, pause somewhere at the start
- If you don't already know, check your video resolution under "Tools" -> "Media Information" (CTRL+I on Windows) -> "Codec"
- Go to "Tools" -> "Effects and Filters" (CTRL+E on Windows)
- Go to "Video Effects" -> "Crop"
- On "Right" type in the half of your horizontal pixels
for example: 1920x1080 ---> 1920/2 = 960 px or: 1280x720 ---> 1280/2 = 640 px
- Click on "Close", hit "Play" and enjoy your movie in 2D ;D
I'm not sure if there's an easier way to solve this, but maybe I can help someone with this!