I have several questions about multitouch in Linux:
- Is multitouch and MPX (multi-pointer extension) related? If an application handles multiple cursors does it mean that it is multitouch-ready?
- How to test if multitouch is really working
- In the system (Xorg, drivers)
- In the given application
- How to test/develop for multitouch if I don't have a multitouch device? Can I simulate it somehow?
- How to test that html5 multitouch support is working? Should I, for example, use this demo?
Update 1:[2.1] To see if multitouch is supported in drivers one can dump /dev/input/eventX and see whether it has multitouch-related events (like
0x2f /*MT slot being modified*/or
0x35 /* Center X ellipse position */):
hd /dev/input/event... | grep ' 00 03 00 2f' Started simple touchscreen simulator. May be there is already one somewhere?
xinput test 6 I see the multitouch events. But in
xev output I see only repeated MotionEvents without additional coordinates for multitouch. XInput2 data also does not contain any multitouch-related...