I have to create services for two different use cases:
- Mark a folder or file and zip it using an archiver tool such as rar7zip.
- Mark a text and open a translator app.
I've been trying to use Automator and but when selecting the new added service from Services context menu nothing happens. When I look at
~/Library/Services I do see my new services but with
workflow extension and not
The steps I did for creating a service for the first use case:
- In Automator - select Service
- Drag the relevant app from the Applications folder
- Choose: "files or folders" in the appropriate drop down and Finder.app in the second drop down.
For the second use case I selected "text" and "any application".
What am I doing wrong?