We have hosted Exchange with Intermedia. We have a POP account that a bunch of users send (but don't receive) emails from, and a public folder that a bunch of users store emails in so that others can view them. For a long time, we've configured each user's Outlook (2010, 7 pro 64bit) to use a rule to copy all sent items from the POP account to a particular subfolder under the main public folder.
This works on all computers except those deployed recently (nothing in our initial configuration has changed except a re-download of the Office binary from Microsoft; same version and everything. We got rid of the old one).
On recently-deployed computers, every time that rule runs (every time something is sent through the POP account), an error appears saying "Could not copy message to Sent folder" ("Sent" is the name of the subfolder that messages are headed for). Why is this occurring?
Things I have tried:
- Verifying that each user affected has permissions on that folder. They do; everyone has either "Owner" or "Publishing Editor" perms.
- Verifying that each user affected can manually drag/drop/delete/update emails in that folder. They all can.
- Re-propagating all permissions on the public folder. Tried it twice. Same result.
- Re-installing OS/office/everything with totally stock settings. No change.
- Contacting Intermedia (Exchange hosting provider). They said that the problem has to be on our end.