Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I found this chip in a computer that I was disassembling today. (From around 2000) It was in a peculiar slot near the CPU, definitely not CPI or AGP. Any idea what it is?

This one is made by some company called Delta. Another one I saw was made by another company, but looking it up yielded no results.

enter image description here

Numbers: The 4 grey chips: Delta SPC134-0R7 0043 Label on chip: CET 0044-018920-01

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Mike Fitzpatrick, Tom Wijsman, soandos, Simon Sheehan, Wuffers Mar 1 '12 at 2:44

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

what's the motherboard make/model? it has the socket for it – barlop Mar 1 '12 at 1:58
picture is not focused enough to tell, really. – Journeyman Geek Mar 1 '12 at 2:14
also, check the motherboard marking, it might help. – Journeyman Geek Mar 1 '12 at 2:23
Please do some more research, research all the alphabetical strings that you can find on it and list them for us. Those four chips you see on the front for example, what are they? The two chips on the right side, what are they? If we even can't figure out what this is we can still try to look at what it would do. But in any case we're not going to play a guessing game, we're willing to help you but only when you can help us out... :) – Tom Wijsman Mar 1 '12 at 2:24
zone, there's a button you can push when you edit that lets you insert an image, and a dialog box comes up and asks if it's from the web or to be uploaded from your computer. – barlop Mar 1 '12 at 3:32
up vote 2 down vote accepted

That to me looks like an old Delta VRM voltage regulator. What sort of gives it away is the board slot, though, it doesn't look as "old schooly" as I would think. eBay has a ton of these up for auction.

Hope that helps.

share|improve this answer
This sounds like what it is. There's a transformer on the one side, so it sounds right. – Zonedabone Mar 1 '12 at 2:37

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.