Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On Ubuntu, you can move a window by pressing "Alt" and clicking anywhere inside the window. It's very useful on netbooks, when a big options window can be too large to show the buttons or the title bar.

Is there a tool to do that in Windows ?

share|improve this question

Doesn't require a tool: Alt+space will bring up the System Menu of a window, which has a Move entry that grabs the window.

share|improve this answer
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Found a tool that claims to do it :

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.