Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have partitioned 18 GB for my C drive, even though my hard disk is 320 GB. Now I'm lacking the space to install software to my C drive. How can I transfer or increase the size of my C drive? I have enough space in my other drive.

share|improve this question

migrated from Mar 6 '12 at 2:53

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

Not a programming related question! – jose Mar 5 '12 at 11:26
not a programming..! Need help..! – Teju MB Mar 5 '12 at 11:26

Download and install partition magic.

Partition Magic is a computer program that allows you to slice your hard drive up into several partitions. This allows one physical disc drive to be used as if it were several drives. Once created, the partitions can be re-sized without losing any of the data stored in them.

share|improve this answer
thanks Yordan for the kind help..! – Teju MB Mar 5 '12 at 11:29

Here are some links, they may not directly answer your question, but knowing this may help along the way:

This article shows how to wipe out large files. You need to expand space, but this may help get you some space right away:

share|improve this answer

If you are running Windows 7, you should be able to right-click on Computer and "Manage" your computer. Then go to Disk Management and right click on the C: partition and Extend it.

If the remaining 300Gigs of your HDD are already allocated (partitioned), you might need to shrink it first before you can extend the first partition.

Note: Make sure you have a full backup of all your files before attempting any manipulation of your partitions.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.