I am facing a wierd issue between my sound card driver and Windows7(any edition). I have a sony vaio notebook (VPCEB24EN). Two days ago, on start I got diabled wifi, charging and speakers. Then I restart the PC and everthing worked fine. Later on I again restarted my machine, and then I found the my speakers were not working. I thought, restart will work. I restarted many more times but it did'nt work. I searched google and found that , it might be due to : 1. Hardware is not switched on from bios. 2. No hardware. 3. overriding 64-bit drivers with 32-bit drivers.
To make it working, I restored my laptop from scratched, but while restoring pc, the realtek HD drivers, it gave me an error 505. I then formatted the drive and installed Win7 Ultimate 32bit (With PC was, Win7 64-bit Home Basic). I got lots of yellow exclamation in device manager, thinking now this will resolve my issue. But Even after the installing all drivers on a fresh installation, I was still with the same position.
A red cross on speaker- No Speakers or Headphone plugged in.
- My Laptop is Vaio , E Series, VPCEB24EN.
- Audio : Intel® High Definition Audio compatible but accepts Realted Audio. While using BIOS Agent, I got Intel Chipset 5 Series Audio Adapter and ATI RV370 Audio adapter found on my board.
- Installed is Win7 32bit Ultimate. factory default was Win7 64-bit Home Basic
- Memory: RAM 3GB/ 320GB HDD
- Display : ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5145 Graphics