I could bore you all to tears with an elaborate story of my hardships, but here's the deal:
- Small office (15 users)
- Windows 7 Professional
- Samsumg ML-2850 Series Printer
- Printer shared on a server running Windows Server 2008 R2
- Situation only occurs on one user's machine
- All other printers work just dandy from user's machine, all of the time
- Every so often, the computer REFUSES to print until user reboots her computer. There is no error code, and the error message is different from program to program. Reinstalling the printer has done nothing at all to fix this.
I ran through everything and recorded my actions with the ever-fantastic Windows Problem Step Recorder (
psr.exe) and have uploaded it to MediaFire:
Restarting the spooler service does nothing, either.
EDIT: Problem Step Recorder mysteriously decided to not take screenshots of some of the error messages, so here they are:
FileMaker Pro 9:
Windows 7 Printer Test Page: