Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

It’s really hard to watch videos during the day because light-colored clothing, walls, and such reflect in the (CRT, desktop) monitor.

I’m well aware of screens and such, but is there some sort of film or sheet that can be cut to to the desired dimensions and applied to the screen to reduce/cut reflections? I’m looking for something similar to those sheets that are applied to windows to winterize them; not single-sized, snap-on screens like has been given as an answer to the other two or three related questions here.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, random Apr 1 '12 at 4:17

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Related/Dupe:… – Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007 Mar 24 '12 at 4:46
@techie007, that is one of the questions that I referred to when I said [I’m] not [looking for] single-sized, snap-on screens like has been given as an answer to the other two or three related questions here. – Synetech Mar 24 '12 at 6:08
:roll:​​​​​​​​​ – Synetech Apr 1 '12 at 5:54
@null I really don’t see how computer-monitor anti-glare films are “off topic”. It seems that techie was just offended that I called him on his error. – Synetech May 19 '13 at 1:27
You'll note I didn't close it, a mod did. Takes more than one vote from us 'regular' users. – Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007 May 19 '13 at 14:47
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Step out of the box, and you find there are multiple products available on the market that are matte finish, adhesive, and come in a roll to allow to be cut to fit. Everything from clear shelf paper to automotive "tinting".

That is designed to be clear, to allow what is beneath to still be used, while providing protection. The matte finish would cut down on glare and reflection. The fact that it is in a roll means you cut it to fit whatever you want.

share|improve this answer
But I like my box; it’s so cozy and warm! :-D But seriously, that was a great answer. It’s always fun to use things “incorrectly”. It doesn’t look like that specific one is going to be more cost-effective, but I’m sure there are similar ones that are. Now that I know that such things do exist, I’ll keep an eye out for something like that next time I’m at the hardware store instead of fruitlessly looking at the computer store. – Synetech Mar 24 '12 at 20:14

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .