Sign up ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

In Microsoft Word 2010, when I press the space bar, [ is typed. How can I change it back? My keyboard layout is US-English.

share|improve this question
What did you try? What is your keyboard layout? – soandos Mar 25 '12 at 9:06
I am using US-English. – Dinup kandel Mar 25 '12 at 9:09
Go to file - options - proofing - autocorrect options and make sure there's not a new rule there replacing space with a character – Raystafarian Mar 25 '12 at 10:32
Sounds very odd—certainly possible, due to keyboard settings or “autocorrection,” but it’s more like April 1st stuff. Does this happen all the time, or in specific contexts only? Which contexts? – Jukka K. Korpela Mar 25 '12 at 10:44
well If i press one time then it is shown. But if long press spaceBar then on first letter'[' is seen, then after that it is all fine. Strange one i have never deal with that one. – Dinup kandel Mar 25 '12 at 11:00

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.