I have a Dell XPS 420 which i recently upgraded with a EVGA GTX 550TI and a 80GB SSD Drive. I converted this machine into a home theater PC. Which I've always had on.
The computer wasn't responding, and so i restarted it and when it started, video ports showing static. I was getting static on my TV thru both DVI ports and the mini HDMI port.
I assumed my video card had gone bad, but i completely replaced it and still the same behavior is occurring. I do not know how to diagnosis this issue. Any thoughts?
UDPATE - Answering Questions (thanks for suggesting)
- I have multiple cables (a DVI->HDMI cable & several HDMI cables (with a Mini-HDMI->HDMI adapter).
- I have tried multiple inputs (plugging the bad computer in HDMI Input 1, HDMI Input 2)
- I have also tried plugging in my playstation into HDMI Input 1, HDMI Input 2, and it works in both slots.
- All devices are plugged into the same power strip.
- The static is pure static from top to bottom, it's not covering anything up. It's pretty clear, tho, as in you can see each and every pixel.
- Also, the static starts up when i start the machine and the TV is plugged in. If I unplug it, and then re-plug it in, the static doesn't show.
- I can take a picture of it after work and post it.
Due to this, i'm farily confident it's the computer only that has an issue.