Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am working with a Word (2003 version) document and I have two instances in my end notes where there is an extra space between entries. I have tried clicking on the formating icon on the tool bar (the one that looks like a reversed "P"), but I can't get rid of the space either by back-spacing or by delete. I am still in the track changes mode.

share|improve this question
Sometimes the track changes mode will mess up formatting in Word 2003. Try switching to show the Final result (not Final Showing Markup). – Wayne Johnston Mar 28 '12 at 2:52

Sounds like the paragraph spacing is too large:

Paragraph spacing

If this is the case, simply select the offending text, right click and select Paragraph... The window you see above will appear. Reduce the Before or After spacing to the desired amount (probably 0 pt)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.