I am looking for a free or FOSS software application for SIMPLY charting stock prices. I am not interested in any of the other nonsense typically bundled with such packages (technical analysis, back testing, tracking etc, etc).
All I want to do is the following:
- Import file from CSV and plot on the chart
- Ability to scroll the chart left/right (zoom feature would be nice to)
- Ability to draw straight line (between 2 points) on the plot
- Ability to plot the graph for different resolutions (for e.g weekly, monthly - or some other custom resolution that I want)
- print the displayed graph (I can always use screen capture if printing is too much to ask)
Thats all I want to do. I am not interested in anything else. I would have thought I could have found something by now. I would have written my own tool (I still will do that at a later stage), but I am a bit short of time at the moment, so I just want something that will do all of the above.
Can anyone recommend a package.
Last but not the least, I am running on Linux (and would prefer to do so - BUT if I have to, I can run on ahem - you know, Windows)