I want to put some of my own technical writing on the web: tutorials, how-to's, conceptual articles about programming etc. I write mostly for myself yet, but think others can benefit from it so I want to put it online, and I also have plans of making everything more coherent and turning it into a book.
My articles are not meant as a blog, they're just meant as a collection of tutorials and how-to's, but I think a blog-type software would probably be the most appropriate mode of formatting that kind of stuff.
Right now I am using the blog feature of cite u like, which is very low tech and I really need something better. On my wish list is, among other things:
- code snippets in scrollable boxes
- syntax highlighting for source code snippets
- tagging articles with graphical icons according to topic, like in slashdot
- of course users (i.e. readers) should be able to comment on articles
- Also, just more options than a super-simple blog
- should look slick! should not look wikipedia-like
Is there any software you can recommend for this purpose?