My Girlfriend helps a bit, but for the most part, it's myself working.
I do transportation modeling, anywhere from modeling traffic flows, traffic impact studies, transit studies, safety impact studies, to transportation policy.
The tools I can't live without are:
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Codeweaver that runs MsOffice 2007
- EDIT ADDED: PyDev/Eclipse
- EDIT ADDED: Gnome DO
- VirtualBox - Win Vista
- Microsoft Office 2007
- CAD and Transportation Software I use
- Adobe Acrobat
I currently do most if not all of the business work through Excel and Word. I live in Canada and I was wondering what are some of the products you use for business purposes: inventory, invoicing, tendering, backup, email logs, data interoperability.
What are some of the proprietary or open-source tools that'll make my life easier? The more tools and suggestions you mention, the better as I'm willing to try a solution at least once.
EDIT Concerning the comment some of the issues I have difficulties with include:
- Optimize my project organization: in a lot of my projects, the input data is similar, but the clients and project are different, so a good file/project manager
- My invoice system is basically an excel workbook per year, and each tab represents a new invoice. The same goes to bids and inventory.
- I use Gnome Do for logging in project hours, but a lot of times, I forget to turn it on.
- I use PGadmin III to manage my postgresql, It'll be nice if there were addons to that.
- A good organization system, that is dedicated to organizing projects
I hope that answers the comment