Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does there exist a product out there that attaches to your PC (preferably USB) that enables Infrared signals to be received (by a regular remote control) ?

It seems a novel idea to be able to get a programmable remote that can be used to manipulate windows (like the Harmony remote control series) along with some programmable software (preferably Windows supported) to convert any button on a regular remote to some command on the PC.

Does this exist? What is it called?

This particular instance you are REQUIRED to use the crappy supplied remote, and this is not what I am looking for

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

I am guessing you have a home cinema remote which is programmable? If this is the case I did find this


Although it comes with a "Crappy" remote you should be able to program your home cinema remote with this.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .