I notice this pattern with my Macbook Pro anytime the battery reaches 0%. (Usually a result of me leaving it unplugged with the lid open).
- I plug it in
- No response, no way to make it start for around 5-10 minutes
- Eventually pushing the button turns it on
- Very slow start up...long pauses with either the beach ball or other waiting cursors.
- Even after the system starts up and I log in, it's really sluggish for perhaps 10-20 minutes, then eventually is normal.
So, my three questions:
- Is this normal? (This is my work machine - it's a few years old, I've been using it less than 12 months)
- If so, what causes each of the steps above? (For my education...)
- Is there anything I can do to improve it?
It's a 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Snow Leopard.