I bought a new access point TL-WA801N / TL-WA801ND and I'm having some problems with the network transfer speed. I'm out of ideas about what could be wrong, so I hope you guys can help me out.
All Wi-Fi devices seem to have the same transfer speed but lets just stick to one device. My laptop is a 1558 studio from Dell and has an N Wi-Fi card (Up to 300 megabits/sec). All the wired devices are connected to one switch on the same switch the access point is connected to. When I transfer a file from a wired device to my laptop via the access point, I only get 2 MebiBytes/sec. If I attach the laptop also to the switch with a cable I can copy at 80 MebiBytes/sec. I also seem to lose some packets in ping tests; in 1 hour of checking ping, 91% got accepted.
I'm sure the Ethernet cable to the access point is good. The access point has these settings: 11bgn mixed, 20/40MHz, max rate is 300 megabits/sec. This is the only Wi-Fi connection in the area. I did the speed test from 2m away in line-of-sight. The only setting I changed of the default settings of the access point: turned the DHCP server off.
3.12.6 Build 110214 Rel.52648n Hardware Version:
WA801N v1 00000000