Many of my users have their files on one big FTP server.
PROBLEM: They can not use their files while not connected to the Internet.
QUESTION: Is there a Dropbox-like software for FTP?
- When connected, pushes local changes to the server
- When connected, polls the server every n minutes to pull changes
- Cross-platform (Linux, Mac, Windows, maybe Android?)
- Preferably open source
- Dropbox-like UI (icon in system tray showing: disconnected, connected, syncing). For instance, SparkleShare is like DropBox for Git. Unfortunately they don't support FTP.
- Ideally, starts automatically at boot or login
Just to make it clear: I am not looking for an online service that provides FTP access, but for a client-side software that can synchronize local files with a FTP URL (wherever hosted) when connected to the Internet.
FTPbox is nearly perfect, the only problem is that it is Windows-only.
WinSCP is good but its UI is too big. No need to show remote files, only sync them to local. The only UI would be the tray icon and a small URL/password configuration dialog.
It could look similar to this: