Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a way to delimiting a portion of the screen where when having a windows maximized that this windows won't go totally on the whole screen? I have some widgets at the right side of my screen and I would like when pressing maximize from a window not having them hidden under the window.

share|improve this question
Is there an equivalent for Ubuntu/Gnome? – lamcro Sep 15 '09 at 15:58
up vote 1 down vote accepted

What you're looking for is DesktopCoral:

DesktopCoral is an unusual program designed to "reserve" some portion of your desktop which is shielded from maximized applications..

Essentially, it acts like an invisible resizeable docking bar, which can be docked to any side of your desktop. This invisible dock acts as a barrier to maximized applications and essentially shields this area of your desktop from other applications.

Within this shielded area you might put certain application windows that you want to be always visible, or you might put one of the many desktop tools like a calendar or system information component.

share|improve this answer

Check out DesktopCoral it may be what you are looking for.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .