I was on the road and had my laptop plugged directly in the wall without a surge protector. A storm hit, the lights flickered and my laptop made a popping sound (scary).
Everything works fine when the laptop is plugged in, but it immediately turns off when I unplug it from the wall.
- The power monitor on the OS (Vista) laptop shows the battery at 100%
- The power light on the physical laptop blinks orange
- The computer works fine while plugged in, but shuts immediately off when it is unplugged
Is the issue the battery or something on the board? I would like to have a good idea before I buy a replacement battery.
- Lenovo T61
- Vista Home Basic