I am looking for an exhaustive list of valid syntax for a range with in MS-Excel, as examples here are some I know
- A1 - The First Cell
- A1:B2 - The four cells A1, A2, B1, and B2
- A1,B2 - The cells A1 and B2
- A:A - The first Column
- A:C - The first 3 columns
- 1:1 - The first row
- 1:10 - The first 10 columns
- $A1 - The first cell with the column being absolute and the row being relative
- A$1 - The first cell with the column being relative and the row being absolute
- $A$1 - An absolute reference to the first cell
- Sheet2!A1 - The first cell on the second sheet.
I would love to see a definitive page documenting the complete valid syntax, as I have found the above through trial and error combined with point and clicking.
One example of things I want to know is if it is possible to define a range with a range to include and a range to exclude, e.g. select all of the second row excluding D2 and D3.