My wireless connection drops every couple of minutes. It's in this constant cycle of connecting and disconnecting. It's extremely frustrating.
My computer is the only one on the network that is having this problem. I just moved home from school for the summer, and wasn't having any trouble with my wireless network at school (it's an identical setup -- same router hardware). My drivers are up to date.
I always get this event in event viewer:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control.
The reason specified was: 0x40030011 [Operating System: Network Connectivity (Planned)]
- rebooting the router
- disabling the Computer Browser service (there were events stating that a forced re-election occurred)
- disabling NetBIOS (I still get the NetBIOS events)
- disabling 802.1x authentication on the router
- disallowing the power saver to shut off the network adapter
- booting in safe mode
- deleting network profile information
- resetting IP stack
- changing the wireless channel on the router
Nothing has had any effect whatsoever. My connection was working fine yesterday, and there haven't been any changes to my PC since then.
Please help me stop all my hair from falling out :(