I'm looking for a simple desktop application that downloads everything linked in an Atom feed. This isn't for reading blogs or listening to podcasts - simply using the feed as a notification service for new data. [Maybe a podcast manager could do this? The files wouldn't be audio though...]
- OSX and Windows (could be different applications for each platform)
- Runs in the background, doing its thing as quietly as possible (maybe notify user when an entry has downloaded)
- Must download every entry without prompting
- Can download huge data (5 Gb+ files)
- Must support username/password authentication (and not ask each time)
- Retains directory names (so "http://example.com/feed/my/directory/name" would store locally to "c:\my feeds\my\directory\name\file.dat")
Could also consider RSS applications, although Atom is preferred.