Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Many of the (admittedly cheap) printers I've used in the past will literally soak the paper in ink, leaving it damp to the touch for a long period until it dries, and once it does sometimes being wrinkled.

What kind of printers/paper would be needed to apply the ink to the paper smoothly, producing a high-quality full-bleed printout that would be suitable for company headed paper?

share|improve this question
Does the printer have a setting to use less ink? Most of the ones I've seen do that. – slhck May 17 '12 at 13:05
A large-format laser or dye sub printer. – Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams May 17 '12 at 13:06
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Most modern Inkjets beyond the very least expensive use a fast drying ink. Paper is also critical if you are using a higher resolution and output with high coverage on the paper. Using a high quality photo setting on normal paper will saturate teh page and give poor quality.

Each printer maker usually has a range of paper designed for specific task( photos, graphics,fine art, etc) Epson has a very wide range. Having tested a number of different types I can say that the difference in quality and drying time is significant. Avoid cheap paper and no-name ink and most printers will give very good results.

As noted by @Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams, a laser or dye sub printer would solve your issue as well.

share|improve this answer
Hi Dave, thanks for answer. Don't really want to splash out on a laser printer since I'm not doing a great quantity. The paper/ink I've been using isn't great, so I'll invest in something a little better (probably a nicer printer too. I've had EPSON's my whole life, so I'll see what £150-200 will get me nowdays). Thanks. – Anonymous May 17 '12 at 14:18

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .