The problem started all of a sudden this afternoon. System specs: Windows 7 ultimate, 8gb ram, AMD Phenom II X4 910 Processor
Here are the symptoms:
- My computer started getting really slow all of a sudden
- I rebooted and it started 'Checking file system' ... this got stuck at 54%
- I tried to start computer in Safe Mode and it got stuck on disk.sys
- At one point I got a blue screen when starting it in Normal mode
- Right now I can start windows normally but after about 4 min it grinds to a halt. This has given me short windows of opportunity to backup my photos. Luckily most were backup and everything else was in Dropbox.
What should I do?