I would like to know if there is a PHP web application, such that
- When called with something like
http://example.com/index.php?inputfile=mymarkdownfile.txt; it will open the file
mymarkdownfile.txtat the same location as
index.phpon the webserver, and render it as Markdown (i.e., it will convert the Markdown to HTML and serve it)
- There will be an "edit" button, which opens a "live preview" Markdown editor (like on StackExchange/StackOverflow sites)
- When you're done editing and click on the "save" button, previous version is archived on server (saved as text file
.txt), and the changed version is saved as
- If you try to "open" a "nonexisting file" (say, via
http://example.com/index.php?inputfile=nonexistant.txt), then the editor starts first; and the content typed there will be saved as
I just need this for server based note taking, and I don't really need local linking or anything like that; nor user authentication nor protection (I'd intend to use this on local network, so I wouldn't be worried about public exposure of "edit" button and vandalism).
I imagine it could be a PHP page, which uses:
- PHP Markdown library for the initial conversion to HTML when the page request is first read
Anything like that out there?
Many thanks in advance for any answers,