I've just installed a windows 7 professional x64 [on my netbook], and started a program installer as a normal user (edit: whose account type is admin), that should have been started as administrator.
Thus windows gave me the choice to run this application as Administrator or as a normal user, and prompted for the admin password.
Now I do not recall setting any Administrator password during installation.
- Does the Administrator user have a password? How can I find out that password?
- Do I need to reset its password? How?
- When was this user created? Why did I haven't noticed?
- Does the Administrator user impose a security risk if I am unaware of its existence?
- Does it have anything to do with me not formatting a previous 7 installation? The setup told me it will be renamed to "windows.old" and that I cannot start it any more.
: of a default installation naively executed by me "next-next-finish" style
: I didn't want to format the drive as setup suggested that the manufacturer may have copied files to it that are important. It sounded reasonable but I couldn't check during installation so I skipped formatting.