Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I used the fragment blur effect in on some text to achieve this really cool effect. I'm wanting to do the same thing in photoshop. Is this possible? if so, how?'

Here's what I was able to do in fragment blur

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Just copy your text layer three times and put those copies under your original one. Change opacity of below layers and offset each of them up, down and right respectively until you get this effect.

Before making copies you can convert text layer to smart object so when you change it, all the copies get updated as well.

share|improve this answer
yeah, i ended up doing this. thanks though! – LordZardeck Jun 8 '12 at 4:49

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.