Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The Home,End keys are at the top row in my laptop, and I use them most while selecting the entire line by pressing (Shift+Home, Shift+End) - it is very inconvenient. On the other hand, "PageUp, PageDown" keys are just below the Shift Key, and I don't use them at all.

Can I interchange my "PageUp" key with "Home" key and "PageDown" key with "End" key?

Is this possible using some software?

share|improve this question
Yes. Which operating system? – iglvzx May 31 '12 at 7:09
Windows 7 Professional – teenup May 31 '12 at 7:11
up vote 7 down vote accepted

Since you are on Windows, I recommend AutoHotkey. You can remap Home to PageUp, End to PageDown, and vice versa like so:



share|improve this answer

Key Tweak is a powerful tool that will automatically edit your registry to rebind keys. It won't need to run in the background like Auto Hot Key does.

share|improve this answer

Building on iglvzx's answer about AutoHotKey, another option is to set up the arrow keys to act as PageUp, PageDown, Home, and End when the right shift keys is being pressed:

+Up::send {RShift Up}{PgUp}
+Down::send {RShift Up}{PgDn}
+Left::send {RShift Up}{Home}
+Right::send {RShift Up}{End}


share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.