I have just purchased a brand new motherboard bundle, installed into the old case with the old PSU and the old HDD. I can get into the BIOS, but whenever I try to boot from the HDD, it just sits with the fans going, but nothing is displayed.
The moniter works (tested with another machine), and I'd hope there are no problems with the motherboard, CPU or RAM because as I said I only brought them today.
The only things I can think of are:
- The PSU's motherboard connector is a 20-pin, and the motherboard has a 24-pin connector (not a problem with the previous board)
- The OS is not supported (doesn't seem likly to me, but possible I guess)
Here is my system configuration:
- Motherboard: ASUS F1A55-M le
- CPU: AMD APU A6 3500
- HDD: 1Tb SATA
- RAM: 4Gb DDR3
- OS: Ubuntu Satanic v666.9
- PSU: Winpower ATX-400 (this thing is REALLY old)
If anyone is able to offer a reason as to why this is not working, or a possible solution, it would be greatly appriciated.