I have a 2 TB drive with about 900 GB of data on it. I'd like to convert it to ext3. I understand that there is no way to actually do it. So I'd like to try the following:
- Shrink the 2TB partition to 1TB.
- Create a new partition and format it as ext3.
- Copy the data from the NTFS partition to the ext3 partition (I am not clear on how to do this).
- Once the data is copied, delete the NTFS partition.
- Extend the ext3 partition to include the newly empty space.
- Am I going about it the right way? Will this work? Is there a better approach that I should try?
- Is there an app that allows me access to both NTFS and ext3 partitions? I am on Windows 7.
- What apps will I need to do what I outlined?
- What are the chances of me losing data with this approach?