Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I use an old VMWare Server and Citrix/RDP connections to connect to lots and lots of client's networks and routinely come upon clients who have strange desktop resolutions which I cannot change, leaving all kinds of annoying scroll bars - or worse, no scroll bars.

But, I also use gotoassist which does a nice job of shrinking down the main window to view it all on one screen.

I was just wondering if some hardy chap has designed a program to scale windows on the fly, so that, instead of moving and scrolling I could just view the whole thing on my own terms.

share|improve this question

do you mean something like Zoomit. There's also the Windows & plus key zoom in WIn 7

share|improve this answer
Nope, exactly the opposite, I want to make windows shrink so I can see their entire contents when they would normally fill up my entire screen. But that is really cool, especially the pen thing. – Peter Turner Jun 6 '12 at 18:39
@uSlackr Thanks for the tip! That's a great tool to have. However, I understand the situation that the author is describing here, and I too would appreciate that kind of program. Something that can scale and zoom out, beyond the standard zoom level. – sammyg Jun 6 '12 at 20:19

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.