My default Lotus Notes (v 8.5.2FP2) Inbox is sorted by date/time (newest at top). I can then do the following steps:
- select a message (single click to select)
- click the 'Who' header: the sort order changes to 'by sender' (e.g. to see their previous messages).
- I can select and open a previous message by the sender.
All ok so far. To return to the normal / default inbox view - i.e. sorted by date/time (newest at the top) I need to:
- click the 'Date' header (first time sorts in opposite order)
- click the 'Date' header again (this time sorts in correct order)
- click the 'Next Unread' navigation button to jump to the next newest message.
My issue is that I find it a bit of a pain to have to do these three clicks. Is there a simple 'Cancel sort' button? If not, what can I do to get back to the default inbox view and sort order, in one simple click?
I suspect that I will need to create a custom button that sorts the inbox and navigates me to the next message. There is a '@sort' function (which sorts a list) and a 'NavigateNextUnread' command, but I'm not sure how to perform the sort on the current inbox.