Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm currently having some issue for my web app in IE8 only. Does anyone know if there's an IE plugin which is similar to Chrome or Firefox/Firebug inspect element?

share|improve this question
up vote 13 down vote accepted

You use Internet Explorer Developer Tools.

share|improve this answer
+1 Internet Explorer by default has script debugging capabilities. Also you can download Visual Studio 2008, attach IE & debug scripts – Ganesh R. Sep 19 '09 at 4:59
Just press <kbd>F12</kbd> to open the IE dev tools. – scunliffe Sep 19 '09 at 17:56

To inspect an element open the developer tools and click the arrow icon in the tool bar (select element by click) or press Ctrl+B. Then just click on the element you want to inspect.

share|improve this answer
unfortunately you can't click down into the contents of an iframe (as of the ie9 beta) - it'll just select the iframe element, and you have to drill down through the frame's contents yourself. – matt lohkamp Feb 11 '11 at 23:26
Thanks, jammus, your advice really helped me! – Bogdan0x400 May 24 '11 at 16:28

You might also try Firebug Lite. You can use it as a bookmarklet if you want or just embed it in your page it seems.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .