Windows has a very convenient Run box (WinKey + R) that
- from one box, can
- can launch programs by exact path to the executable
- launch any program in the
PATHdirectories by executable name
- open files in default applications
- open an Explorer window into a local directory
- open an Explorer window into a network share
- open any URL with its default handler (e.g. a browser)
- has tab completion (well, really up/down arrow completion)
- has a history function
This is an amazing time saver for any power user, and I'm looking for something equivalent for a Mac. I know that there are some utilities that have some of the features (e.g. the "Open Directory" command in Finder, Spotlight, Quicksilver), but I haven't found any one that does everything or almost everything.
Does anyone know of some close equivalent?