I am using Asus N82JQ laptop with i7-720QM, 4GB RAM, 1GB nVidia GT335 and 5400rpm HDD. I am using cooling pad under the laptop. I live in Greece, where the temperature of the air is easily around 40`C. Previously I was using Win 7 Home Premium. Laptop has always been warm on the top and from time to time the fans were like turbines of an Airbus, but it was working fine.
Recently I installed new Win 7 Ultimate. It was a clean install from original Win 7 DVD, not from factory recovery CD, which is full of bloat-ware.
I am using the same programs as before, however the computer is overheating:
- it is extremely hot on the top,
- around the fan one cannot touch it,
- when watching video, I am experiencing problems. Video freezes for moments, sound is cracking,
- fans are working all the time on 100% even though they should work so only for 45sec, then they should slow down,
- last few days the computer even shut-down while watching on-line movies. The case has been so hot, that I could not rest my palms on the laptop.
I cannot open the case, because I will loose the guarantee, so I cannot clean the dust from inside.
What are the possibilities to correct this? It should be a software problem, because with previous Win7HP the computer was working fine. I am not a computer expert, but hopefully I can follow advice if it will be given.