Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there any keyboard shortcut for changing it? Google couldn't solve my problem.

I'm using too many different profiles for my blog and their social media profiles etc. Sometimes it's getting annoying to open it with mouse from top corner. I love shortcuts.

share|improve this question

3 Answers 3

up vote 4 down vote accepted

Try Ctrl+Shift+M.

share|improve this answer
Awesome, cheers ! –  JacopKane Jul 5 '12 at 10:21

Chrome now has a "Users" menu. If you have two profiles, say "Work" and "Personal", go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts, click the +, choose "Google Chrome.app", and add a keyboard shortcut for those profiles.

share|improve this answer

The best way doing this is with AutoHotKey.

IfWinExist, ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
Run Chrome
#IfWinActive ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
Send ^+{M}{Down}{Down}{Down}Send{Enter}
Send {escape}

The above means: when I press WinKey+Q activate Chrome. If Chrome does not exist then run Chrome. Once Chrome running and active send Ctrl-Shift-M (which opens the users drop down menu at the up left corner of Chrome) then send three times the arrow down key (which selects the third profile I want to choose) and then hit enter…


if your profile is the second one and not the third as it is in my case your shortcut should have twice the {Down} command.

Say now that you run windows 7 or 8 or 10 and you have Chrome as first program at the taskbar. By hitting WinKey+1 & WinKey+q you will switch between the main profile & the secondary profile. Life can be easy with AutoHotKey!!!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.