Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there any keyboard shortcut for changing it? Google couldn't solve my problem.

I'm using too many different profiles for my blog and their social media profiles etc. Sometimes it's getting annoying to open it with mouse from top corner. I love shortcuts.

share|improve this question

3 Answers 3

up vote 6 down vote accepted

Try Ctrl+Shift+M.

share|improve this answer
Awesome, cheers ! –  JacopKane Jul 5 '12 at 10:21

With the latest version of Chrome, there is now a Menu option "People" at the top, with items for each profile you maintain. Since this is now a built-in menu, it is possible (at least on OSX) to bind a custom keyboard shortcut to switch to a specific profile.

For example, I have a shortcut set up for "Personal" (Ctrl+Cmd+Shift+1) and "Work" (Ctrl+Cmd+Shift+2) - you just have to make sure your profiles aren't named exactly the same.

share|improve this answer

Chrome now has a "People" menu. If you have two profiles, say "Work" and "Personal", go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts, click the +, choose "Google Chrome.app", and add one keyboard shortcut for "Work" and another one for "Personal".

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.