I'm trying to install Remote Play software to connect my laptop to my PS3. I've found a guide with instructions which seem to be in fairly wide use (found similar walk-throughs on numerous other sites), for running the software on a non-Vaio PC.
The setup essentially goes like this:
- Download Remote Play software.
- Download patch by NTAuthority.
- Install Remote Play as normal.
- Extract NTAuthority patch to Remote Play program folder.
- Manually register patched DLLs via CLI.
- Run Remote Play software.
Sadly, my problem is early in - Step 3. I had to use Google to find the software download, as the link from Tech-Recipies seems broken. I found the download on Sony's site here:
After downloading and running the software, I hit "Next" at the welcome screen and "I Agree" at the EULA screen. After this, a popup informs me that Setup is checking my computer's information. Then, Setup terminates with this error:
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Is anyone familiar with this error in this software? Is there a way to work around it? Did I perhaps pick the wrong download from Sony's site?