Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

There are other questions similar to this, but not exactly. What I want to do is to reprogram a function key on the MacBook Pro to do other key combinations. Coming from a Windows background, I terribly miss the Home and End keys. Home on a Mac is fn+ and End is fn+. I want to make a function key do this combination. Is this possible?

share|improve this question
You mean you want (for example) F1 be equivalent to Fn ← (thus, Home)? – slhck Jun 20 '12 at 17:41
A better match for Windows's Home and End on the Mac is ⌘← and ⌘→, respectively. – CajunLuke Jun 20 '12 at 20:49

Look for something like Keyboard Maestro or a more-general-purpose app like Quicksilver or Launchbar.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.