I've got access to my "own" FreeBSD jail. The jail has only basic, unconfigured system, but I have full access to FreeBSD ports, and (jail)root too. Now I need to setup my jail as IMAP/MTA.
The question: What packages are EASIEST for config and later administration, (the simplest possible setup, with the minimum needed configuration) when:
- i haven't any preferences (don't know any yet)
- my (one) domain is managed by ISP, so don't need DNS
- need only IMAP for few users (up to 20 mailboxes)
- need secure transport layer (IMAPS/993)
- password auth, no LDAP, no kerberos, nor databases, nothing like fancy things...
- need easy-setup easy-admin MTA, with
- simplest possible password SMTP auth, (again no LDAP, nor DB),
- secure transport layer
- but would be nice have virus-scan
- and some anti-spam protection
So, what ports I should install for MTA and IMAP?
- MTA (Sendmail, Postfix, Exim)?
- antivirus (ClamAV)
- IMAP(S), (Dovecot, Courier)
when the main criteria are: easy setup, and easy administration.
When I googled I found only complicated setups for thousands of users with LDAP, databases and so on - too big-caliber for my small (easy?) needs.
Any pointer to an easy howto is very welcomed.