I have router Draytek Vigor 2100VG at home almost in the center of it.
The farthest point at my home is my balcony, ~12m from it.
I have constant wifi signal range problems with some of my devices, but not with others.
- Notebook Lenovo W510 - no problems
- Nokia Home Music - always on 10m - no problems
- Sony PS3 - always on 7m - no problems
- Sony tablet S - problems around 6m
- Sony PSP - problems around 8m
- Sony PS Vita - problems around 8m
- Nokia E63 - problems around 8m
I'm curious why my Notebook don't have any problems even on the balcony? I guess it has better hardware or uses more power for transmission.
This information is really important when you want to buy new device/computer, so my real question is:
- Can device wifi range can somehow be found/suggested from official hardware technical specification?
- Is there some web page with wifi range reviews?