HP ProBook 6540b
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (original)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4550
BIOS updated from F.07 to F.21 (can't be rolled back)
I updated the BIOS drivers from F.07 to F.21. The update was successful without any errors. Upon reboot, the problems started.
Driver installation fails or in case it's successful then Catalyst keeps crashing
After installing drivers this starts to happen:
Things I've tried:
- Removing drivers from device manager (the artifacts from programs disappear but I can't play games)
- Installing the latest drivers from ATI's website
- Installing the beta drivers
- Installing the drivers from the CD that came with the laptop
- Fresh install of windows and all of the above
Is it possible that the drivers are somehow incompatible with the BIOS? Is the card failing?
Any other ideas?