I have an Eee PC 1015PE Seashell netbook running Windows 7 Home Premium with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (188.8.131.520) with a "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" detected.
- Changing the resolution (Control Panel => Appearance and Personalization => Display => Screen Resolution) to 1024x768
- Updating the video driver (to 184.108.40.2060)
- Uninstalling the driver and rebooting
- Pressing the
Windows Key + "-"(magnifier)
Ctrl + Mouse Scrollonly resizes the desktop items
Fn + F4shows 1024x600 (which I think is what I should be using, but nothing happens)
- Changed from Landscape to Portrait and it works
- Attached an External Monitor and when I extend or set as desktop it works only on the External Monitor (shows up as "Generic PnP Monitor in Device Manager)
Basically the bottom inch of my desktop is off-screen hiding my start bar, but my wigets are in their proper position (the start bar is not hidden). Pressing
Ctrl + Esc shows the start menu but its cut-off.
I'm pretty sure I should be using 1024x600 resolution, any advice?
What's odd is that this only started happening recently.
- Here are some screenshots showing the problem:
Resized Window to fit:
Opened Start Menu - notice it cut off:
Maximized window and then scrolled down - notice no Start Menu:
- I downgraded my graphic driver I downloaded from the Intel Download Center for the Graphic Media Accelerator 3150 (now: 220.127.116.112) and now my "Generic non-PnP Montior" detects as "Digital Flat Panel (1024x768 60Hz)".