Recently my laptop battery will get extremely hot (definitely hotter than it should get) when I charge it. After that I usually end up removing it once it's fully charged to let it cool down, which takes a couple hours...
Question is, is my battery dead? My last battery I had that died just ended up lasting 2 - 3 minutes on battery, no weird heat issues.
And is there any way to possibly fix this? Probably not but I won't be able to get a replacement anytime soon.
A few days ago when this happened and it cooled down, assuming it was fully charged, I ran my laptop on battery, and the battery life lasted about 10 minutes and then the laptop shutdown. I then plugged it in later and charged it back up, and for a while I had a orange light blinking on my laptop - which I assumed meant the battery was dead, especially since I got 10 minutes battery life.
Then today, I turned my laptop on and was surprised to see that the battery was at 20% and charging (it's been plugged in since the incident above, so it should have been fully charged when I shut it off)
I let it charge up, and as usual it got pretty hot around the time it was fully charged. So I turned my laptop off and pulled the battery out to let it cool down
Now the thing is, just now I tried running it on battery, and it's been going for an hour now... so maybe its not dead? (also the orange light is no longer blinking...)
Thanks in advance if anyone knows whats going on, and how to fix it, if its fixable =]
Some info if it helps... my laptop is about 2 years ago, and it's an Asus K50ID. I know laptop batteries usually don't last more than a year but I'm trying to keep this one going for as long as I can.